Do you find it harder to roll out of bed every morning when the temperature drops and the mornings are darker? If so, you’re not alone. Many people experience winter tiredness during this time of the year.
As the days become shorter, your sleep and waking cycles become disrupted, leading to fatigue. Less sunlight means that your brain produces more of a hormone called melatonin, which makes you sleepy. Every year, I am trying to find the right products, which can help me beat the winter tiredness. So, here are some of my favourite products and tips:
- Bee pollen – it boosts energy levels, can be used to soothe skin conditions and curbs cravings.
- Feroglobin syrup – it help maintain health and vitality, including folate which contributes to the reduction of tiredness & fatigue
- Almond/Coconut milk – it helps with weight management and keeps your digestion in check, which helps to reduce tiredness.
In order to deal with the winter tiredness I also make sure that I:
- Have a good night sleep – make sure you sleep for no less than 8 hours.
- Have the right food – once the summer ends, there’s a temptation to ditch the salads and fill up on starchy foods such as pasta, potatoes and bread. However, it is important to eat enough fruits and vegetables in order to feel more energetic.
- Exercise regularly – try to reach the recommended goal of 150 minutes of exercise a week.